When you picture a sauna, is your first thought of a small, steamy and suffocating room? Take these prior expectations of a sauna, and instead replace them with this: Comfortable wooden bench, a gentle warmth that heats you from the inside out, a comfortable and breathable atmosphere and the feeling of instant relaxation for both your mind and your body. Sounds much better, right? That’s what an Infrared Sauna feels like. Intrigued? Let’s get a little deeper into how it works and the top 6 health benefits that are associated with it!
Infrared Technology – How Does It Work?
An Infrared Sauna feels gentle, because instead of just heating the air around you to extreme temperatures and forcing you to sweat, it instead penetrates the skin to gradually warm you up from the inside out. This allows it to work on a cellular level, rather than just a surface level, getting a deeper and more detoxifying effect.
The 6 Incredible Health Benefits of Infrared
- Detoxification – eliminates cholesterol build up, heavy metals and other toxins
- Nervous System – relaxation, reduces cortisol and mediate anxiety
- Weight loss – burn calories, reduce cellulite up to 600 calories in a session
- Cardiovascular health – increase core temp which increases cardiovascular output
- Pain/injury management – reduce inflammation and increase blood flow
- Anti-ageing – cellular renewal increases collagen production and elastin in skin
An Infrared Sauna we use has a full spectrum of wavelengths. Which means it works by using three different infrared wavelengths: near infrared, mid infrared and far infrared. These all penetrate the skin at varying depths, allowing it to affect the body in different ways.
We have set Health Programs that use specific combinations of these three wavelengths emitted at varying intensities to help assist with certain health conditions.
Why isn’t it as hot as a regular sauna?
The benefits in an Infrared Sauna aren’t related to the heat, but rather the Infrared Wavelengths used. A high heat sauna that has you dripping in sweat for prolonged periods of time can cause more harm than good. This can cause depletion of fluids, electrolytes and minerals. The temperatures are set for both comfort and to also allow the full benefit of these Infrared Waves to work effectively without depleting you in the process.
What else can I do to help my body detox?
There are many things you can do to support the body’s natural detoxifying process.
- Ensure you are well hydrated: 2-3L of water a day will hydrate you and help to flush out toxins and waste products.
- A nourishing diet: Good Nutrition sets the necessary foundations for a healthy body. Seeing a nutritionist will allow you to not only discover what food will help your body to function well, but what will make it THRIVE.
- Colonic Hydrotherapy: Your colon is a major excretory organ of waste. If your intestinal tract is congested or sluggish, then your detoxification system is weakened and your body will end up re-absorbing toxins (autointoxication). Colonic Hydrotherapy can assist in reinstating intestinal function, reducing gas, bloating and ensuring your insides is not home to foreign microbes, yeasts and parasites.
- Lymphatic Drainage Massage: Toxins accumulate in the lymph system, and can build up over time. Lymphatic Drainage Therapy is a gentle massage treatment that assists lymphatic fluid to flow freely. It relaxes the bodies nervous system and helps the immune system to eliminate this toxic build up.
- Movement: Exercise and physical activity helps your assist with peristalsis, which is the body’s natural muscle contractions that move food and waste in the digestive system. Regular movement helps this process and allows your body to excrete waste more efficiently.