Having a nourishing and balanced breakfast ensures that you’re energised, your blood sugars are stable (reducing the chances of getting that mid-morning energy slump), and it gives your mind and body the nutrients it needs to get up and going in the morning. Smoothies are a great option for those who are time poor or who simply don’t want to spend more than 10mins making breakfast. It’s also gentle on the digestive system first thing in the morning, and can be easily poured into a jar/bottle and taken away to work/uni if you need to dash out the door.
Green Goddess Smoothie
This smoothie recipe is loaded with liver-loving antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and a good balance of the macronutrients protein, fats and carbohydrates to help you glow, from the inside out!
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/3 zucchini
- 1 cup chopped kale
- Handful of almonds, walnuts or cashews
- 1 tbsp chia seeds/hemp seeds/flax seeds
- 1 scoop good quality protein powder (we like the Red Hippo range)*
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk (adjust depending on preferred consistency)
- Optional: 1 tsp BioMedica EnteroCare powder for digestive support*
1. Add all ingredients to a blender and blitz until well combined.
* These products can be purchased in our clinic! BioMedica is one of our Practitioner-Only ranges, and will only be dispensed after consulting with one of our qualified therapists.
Written By Laura Phongsavath of Wellness Within You
Holistic Nutritionist / pH Clinic Manager
Adv Dip. Nutritional Medicine, ATMS #50697
Currently studying Bachelor of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
Is your digestive system feeling the after effects of the silly season? Our Nutritionist Laura has created a 21 Day Happy Gut Program designed specifically to help reset the digestive system and assist with symptoms such as: cramping, bloating, constipation/diarrhoea, indigestion and heart burn.
Your program will include: 2 x Nutrition Consults, diet analysis, full meal plan with recipes, and advice on nutritional supplements suited to you and your needs. Cost of the program is $180. Click below to book or email us on email@example.com for more information.