Sauna therapy has been around for centuries as a way to detoxify your body, but did you know that full spectrum infrared saunas can go even further by heating up your body’s core to a cellular level, where most toxins are stored.
Infrared’s deep penetrating heat is what most effectively stimulates metabolic activity, which in turn triggers the release of stored toxins through sweat, as well as through the liver and kidneys.
This is why your body goes into fever conditions when you’re sick— a hotter body increases metabolic activity, kills unwanted intruders, and stimulates the release of toxins. Viruses and sometimes even tumour cells can be destroyed in the face of heat.
Highly emissive far infrared saunas help recreate your body’s fever-like response condition but raising your core body temperature, to make you feel even better inside and out. This blog explains what they are and how they work to upgrade you from the inside-out.
Sweating is a critical human detox function, yet most people don’t sweat regularly or enough. Sweating helps the body make use of its ability to use the skin to eliminate toxins. The body is very effective at eliminating toxins this way, but it only works if we make the body sweat.
Worse, many of us sit at desks all day, and in air-conditioned indoor environments. In these conditions, the skin stores the toxins with little opportunity to eliminate them.
To combat these effects, infrared sauna systems help us to purify our bodies from the inside out.
Benefits Of The Infrared Spectrum On The Body Include
- Lowered blood pressure
- Improved circulation
- Weight loss
- Pain relief
- Cell health/immunity
- Wound healing
- Oxygenation of tissues
What Is An Infrared Sauna
It helps to understand what the difference is between traditional saunas, far infrared saunas and full spectrum infrared saunas:
- Traditional hot rock and steam saunas operate at extremely high temperatures in excess of 200 degrees Fahrenheit. This kind of heat is uncomfortable for many people, and it is not necessarily effective as it simply heats the air around you.
- Infrared light, experienced as heat, is the invisible part of the sun’s spectrum and is necessary for all living things. Far infrared has the ability to penetrate human tissue providing a deep, detoxifying sweat. Far infrared saunas are the most common on the market.
- Full spectrum saunas emit three infrared wavelengths independently – near, mid and far. At optimal frequencies, the different wavelengths can precisely target specific benefits. Near infrared light shouldn’t be confused with ordinary red light. Therapeutic near infrared light is invisible to the naked eye and has a consistent output without extreme heat or light.
Types Of Infrared Saunas
If you are using an infrared sauna for health benefits, the single most important element to consider is heater emissivity, which is a measurement of how efficiently infrared heat is being conducted. In essence, high emissivity equals high quality and quantity of infrared light.
Sunlighten claims that its heaters are up to 99% emissive and deliver the most effective far, mid and near infrared heat available. Sunlighten also manufactures the only 3 in 1 system with three separate heating zones to deliver near, mid and far infrared at optimal wavelengths they calculated based on more than 50 clinical studies.
Key Guidelines To Upgrade Your Sauna Experience
Here are a few guidelines for safe and effective sauna use:
- Pre sauna session, hydrate with water to prepare your body for an increase in core body temperature.
- Don’t be surprised if you don’t sweat during the first few sessions. Sweating will increase with regular use, removing toxins and leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Listen to your body and be aware of excessive detoxifying. If you begin to feel flu-like symptoms, discontinue use and consult your physician.
- Post sauna session, drink water or electrolytes to rehydrate. Dry off with a towel, and let your body cool naturally.
- You can follow up with a refreshing shower.
Ready To Sweat?
Infrared saunas are more effective at stimulating detoxification and gentler on the body than traditional hot rock saunas, steam rooms, and hot tubs. Deep, cellular sweating is key to detoxify and energise your body! …it’s a great way to relax to. To book in for an infrared sauna session click here or call 0420 644 852.